Join our eight-week group exercise and lifestyle education program designed for people aged 50+ with diabetes. Increase your knowledge and build healthy habits in UQ Healthy Living’s supportive and friendly setting.
Past participants have achieved:
• Increased understanding of blood sugar management through diet and exercise
• Increased exercise capacity and confidence to become more physically active
• Reduced blood pressure
• Reduction in blood glucose levels of between 1-3mmol/L pre and post exercise (average)
• Improved diabetes management self-efficacy
The UQ Healthy Living program includes group exercise sessions supervised by Accredited Exercise Physiologists and education seminars facilitated by our multi-professional allied health team.
For further information about the program, view the LiveWell flyer here.
To be eligible for this program, we ask that you are available on Tuesdays from 9am – 11am for the duration of the eight-week program.
Program start date:
- Tuesday 14th February 2023
UQ Healthy Living Level 3, Centra 37 Archer Street, Toowong QLD 4066
For people with a Medicare referral there is no cost for the program. The cost for people without a Medicare referral is $190.00.
Please contact our reception team to make a booking for an initial assessment. If you are new to our clinic, please allow 90 minutes for your consultation. If our current program is full, ask to join the waitlist for our next program.