Join our four-week group exercise and lifestyle education program designed for people aged 50+ with diabetes. Increase your knowledge and build healthy habits in UQ Healthy Living’s supportive and friendly setting.
Past participants have achieved:
• Increased understanding of blood sugar management through diet and exercise
• Increased exercise capacity and confidence to become more physically active
• Reduced blood pressure
• Reduction in blood glucose levels of between 1-3mmol/L pre and post exercise (average)
• Improved diabetes management self-efficacy
The UQ Healthy Living program includes group exercise sessions supervised by Accredited Exercise Physiologists and education seminars facilitated by our multi-professional allied health team.
To be eligible for this program, we ask that you are available on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9:00am – 10:30am for the duration of the four-week program.
Program start dates:
- Tuesday 27th February 2024
- Tuesday 28th May 2024
- Tuesday 27th August 2024
UQ Healthy Living Level 3, Centra 37 Archer Street, Toowong QLD 4066
For people with a Medicare referral there is a small gap fee payment of $10 for the initial assessment & $5 per class for the exercise sessions.
Please contact our reception team to make a booking for an initial assessment. If you are new to our clinic, please allow 90 minutes for your consultation. If our current program is full, ask to join the waitlist for our next program.